Emergent BioSolutions Inc. (NYSE: EBS) announced today its financial results for the second quarter and six months ended June 30, 2012.
Total revenues for Q2 and the first six months of 2012 were $70.4 million and $120.7 million, respectively. Net income for Q2 2012 was $7.6 million, or $0.21 per basic share. Net income for the first six months of 2012 was $0.8 million or $0.02 per share.
The company also provided a forecast for Q3 2012 revenues of $60 to $70 million and reaffirmed its full year 2012 guidance for total revenues of $280 to $300 million and net income of $15 to $25 million.
Q2 Operational Accomplishments
- Initiated manufacture of BioThrax consistency lots in Building 55;
- Received FDA approval for BioThrax administered intramuscularly in a three-dose primary series;
- Secured additional BARDA funding to conduct a non-interference study to support licensure of BioThrax for post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP);
- Completed dosing and the last subject visit in a pivotal PEP immunogenicity and safety study evaluating a three-dose vaccination schedule for BioThrax;
- Secured a new BARDA development contract to establish a Center for Innovation in Advanced Development and Manufacturing at the company’s Baltimore facility;
- Secured NIAID grant to further advance the development of MVA85A, a candidate vaccine against tuberculosis; and
- Announced a stock repurchase program.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV