All known risks our management believes could materially affect the results are identified in our Forms 10-K and 10-Q filed with the SEC. However, there may be other risks we face.
Also please note that during the question-and-answer period, we will take one question and one follow-up per analyst that will allow everyone the opportunity to ask a question. After asking your question, you’re welcome to rejoin the queue for additional questions as time permits.
Finally, John Sztykiel is joining us on the call from Denver where he is representing the company at the International Fire Apparatus Show.
Now I’m pleased to turn the call over to John for his opening remarks.John Sztykiel
All right. Thank you, Greg. Good morning everyone and thank you for joining us on today’s Spartan Motors second quarter 2012 conference call. As you know, from reading our press release, our latest quarterly result showed a great feel of improvement from the second quarter 2011. Results also demonstrate that Spartan continued its momentum from the first quarter of 2012 through the second quarter with Spartan reporting greater profitability of $0.08 per diluted share excluding restructuring items, growth in orders and growth in backlog to $173.3 million. We ended the second quarter of 2012 on a positive note and entered the second half of the year in a stronger competitive position than at the beginning of the year. At the same time, all of us are aware that the global economy and financial markets can change very, very quickly today leaving me to be cautiously optimistic about the environments in which we operate. For the first time in over a year, all of our business units showed improvement in their operating results. Revenues were up across the board during the second quarter of 2012 and our businesses converted that revenue growth in the earnings growth as well, simply results.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV