5. Apple's Old News
The ink-stained wretches at the major newspapers sure must be desperate for something to write about this summer. Seriously, why else would the NY Times (NYT) and WSJ be trotting out warmed-over stories about Apple (AAPL) making an investment in Twitter?
"The headline is, after all, written in the present tense. But talks between Apple and Twitter are apparently dead as a dumpling," clarifies Fuchs.Right on mark Marek! We couldn't have said it better ourselves. Although we could have said it better than the WSJ, which lamely pointed out that the discussions took place "more than a year ago." Everybody in Silicon Valley talks with everybody else, so why shouldn't Apple -- which is a builder, not a buyer anyway -- and Twitter -- which is surely suffering from post- Facebook fatigue -- exchange a few pleasantries? What's the big deal if there is no deal? It's not an old story worth even 140 new characters. Not even to mention the fact that, well, it just
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV