Georgia Gulf Management Discusses Q2 2012 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
Once the merger is complete, we expect future chlor-alkali outages to have less of an impact due to the operational flexibility gained from having multiple chlor-alkali facilities.
During the second quarter, we experienced softer sales and less adjusted EBITDA in Building Products compared to the same quarter last year. If you reflect back on the first 2 quarters of the year, there's no doubt that a large part of the sales improvement we saw on the first quarter was full forward demand due to the unseasonably warm weather. The Building Products division has grown sales 4% on a constant currency basis for the year-to-date period.
In the PVC end markets, the unexpected decline in ethylene prices in May and June sparked an inventory correction. As is typically the case, PVC customers reduced orders to minimize the potential for inventory holding losses in this type of market. Since that dramatic decline in pricing, ethylene now appears to have stabilized at a new lower level.
We believe PVC prices will also stabilize and orders will pick up as inventory levels need to be replenished. PVC prices in the export market have already started to move back up, which is a good sign that the inventory correction maybe behind us.In Aromatics, dropping propylene prices caused a sizable inventory holding loss that partially gave back the large inventory holding gain we recorded in the first quarter. If you adjust for both of the inventory holding impacts, we have generated about $28 million of adjusted EBITDA for the first half of 2012, well above the same period in 2011.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV