Our superior performance is driven by the remarkable power of our programming and our brands. We've establish ourselves as leaders in influencing consumer purchasing decisions in the Home, Food and Travel categories. And that's why our networks and related interactive businesses are must buys for advertisers and must carries for content, distributors. Our investment in trendsetting original programming and our commitment to stay focused on our lifestyle categories is delivering industry-leading returns and creating uncommon value for our shareholders. So let's take a look at how we're performing in each of these lucrative content categories and we'll start out with food.
At Food Network, we had our highest rated second quarter ever and ended the period ranked eighth among ad supported cable networks in the 25-54 demo. That is just outstanding. Promising new shows like Mystery Diners, and the eighth season of Food Network Star drove our improved viewership numbers. Also contributing were stalwarts like Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives, Chopped All Stars and Restaurant: Impossible, all of which are proving their enduring popularity.
The third quarter has gotten off to a strong start with premiere of Chef Wanted, with Anne Burrell, it's a great new show. I hope you'll have a chance to catch it. And coming up, we're looking forward to another season of the breakout hit Restaurant Stakeout and the ever popular Great Food Truck Race Competition.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV