Excel Maritime (EXM) is engaged in providing worldwide sea borne transportation services for drybulk cargo including, among others, iron ore, coal and grain, collectively referred to as major bulks, and steel products, fertilizers, cement, bauxite, sugar and scrap metal. This stock is trading up 7.3% to $0.45 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $0.43-$0.4652-Week Range: $0.40-$3.30 Volume: 188,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 671,617 From a technical perspective, EXM is popping higher here with light volume. This stock was crushed by the sellers off its March high of $2.29 down to its recent low of 40 cents per share. During the last month, this stock has started to form a bottoming chart pattern at around 40 cents to 41 cents per share. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in EXM as long as it holds support at 40 cents, and then once it takes out some near-term overhead resistance levels at 49 cents and its 50-day moving average of 58 cents with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above 671,617 shares. If we get that action soon, then look for EXM to re-test and possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at 65 to 74 cents per share. To see more stocks under-$10 that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under-$10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV