American Superconductor (AMSC) is a provider of megawatt-scale solutions. It operates in two business units: Wind and Grid. This stock is trading up 17.8% to $4.17 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $3.61-$4.2052-Week Range: $3.21-$7.39 Volume: 649,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 475,061 >>10 Top-Rated Tech Stocks Paying Big Dividends From a technical perspective, AMSC is bouncing hard today right off some major past support zones around $3.50 with heavy volume. This move is quickly pushing AMSC within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once AMSC takes out both its 50-day at $4.17 and its 200-day at $4.22 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once AMSC sustains a move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 475,061 shares. At last check, AMSC has hit an intraday high of $4.20 and volume is tracking in strong at 649,000 shares traded. If that breakout triggers soon, then look for AMSC to re-test and possibly take out its July high of $4.96.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV