Buy a Home in One of Our Winning Olympic Cities
Squaw Valley, Calif.
Located in the Sierra Nevada Mountains near Lake Tahoe some 200 miles northeast of San Francisco, Squaw Valley was developed in the 1950s specifically with an eye toward capture the 1960 Winter Games.
"There's no question that the Olympics put Squaw Valley on the map," says local broker Bill Deitz of Tahoe Luxury Properties. "We're a very different community because of the Games."
Now a vacation destination for winter-sports enthusiasts, Squaw Valley maintains its 1960 slalom and giant slalom courses "so you can pretend that you're an Olympic skier," Deitz says.The town also attracts summer-sports lovers with mountain camping and hiking, as well as water sports on Lake Tahoe some two miles away. "Squaw Valley has done a good job of parlaying the energy behind the Olympics and carrying it forward into the future," Deitz says. Median list prices for the community (which is officially known as Olympic Valley, Calif.), rose 10.7% over the past year to hit $602,500, according to Realtor.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV