Buy a Home in One of Our Winning Olympic Cities
Squaw Valley, Calif.
Located in the Sierra Nevada Mountains near Lake Tahoe some 200 miles northeast of San Francisco, Squaw Valley was developed in the 1950s specifically with an eye toward capture the 1960 Winter Games.
"There's no question that the Olympics put Squaw Valley on the map," says local broker Bill Deitz of Tahoe Luxury Properties. "We're a very different community because of the Games."
Now a vacation destination for winter-sports enthusiasts, Squaw Valley maintains its 1960 slalom and giant slalom courses "so you can pretend that you're an Olympic skier," Deitz says.The town also attracts summer-sports lovers with mountain camping and hiking, as well as water sports on Lake Tahoe some two miles away. "Squaw Valley has done a good job of parlaying the energy behind the Olympics and carrying it forward into the future," Deitz says. Median list prices for the community (which is officially known as Olympic Valley, Calif.), rose 10.7% over the past year to hit $602,500, according to Realtor.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV