Buy a Home in One of Our Winning Olympic Cities
St. Louis hosted the 1904 Summer Olympics so long ago that Realtor.com's Reynolds doubts the Games had any economic impact that remains to this day.
"I think the [effects] really depend on how far back you're looking," she says.
Realtor.com found that St. Louis median asking prices rose only a paltry 1.25% over the past year, to $166,000.The Gateway to the West has some things going for its housing market, though. For instance, the city's 7.5% May jobless rate beat America's 8.2% overall rate, while the number of local homes listed for sale on Realtor.com dropped 18.1% over the past year. Those factors are usually positive signs for future home-price appreciation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV