Buy a Home in One of Our Winning Olympic Cities
The City of Angels hosted the 1932 and 1984 Summer Games, but Realtor.com's Reynolds thinks that was too long ago to have much effect on home prices in a community as big as Los Angeles.
"You definitely see the biggest impacts on the smaller cities," she says.
Still, Reynolds was a student at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles during the Games and says the community did a good job of reusing the athletic facilities afterward for local sporting events."They spread the Olympic events out throughout city and were able to use the infrastructure long after the Games ended," she says. According to Realtor.com, median Los Angeles list prices rose 6.1% over the past year to reach $350,000.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV