Buy a Home in One of Our Winning Olympic Cities
The 1996 Summer Games breathed new life into Atlanta's once staid downtown, says Realtor Debra Johnston of Atlanta Fine Homes Sotheby's International Realty.
Johnston says construction of the downtown area's Centennial Olympic Park as a hub for the Games "took a totally urban, 9-to-5 environment and made it into live/work space. Now a whole bunch of
Centennial Park's fountains continue to attract residents and tourists alike, as do the later additions of the nearby Georgia Aquarium and the World of Coca-Cola (KO) museum.Johnston says such facilities helped attract high-rise condos and loft space to the downtown area. "If we had never had the Olympics, it would have taken a lot longer to create that kind of live/work environment," she says. Realtor.com sees Atlanta's housing market as recovering nicely from the U.S. real estate bust. Median list prices rose 6.5% over the past year there to hit $170,000.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV