Free cash flow increased by more than 37% even with a larger tax provision stemming from the improved results. The gas company’s federal income tax liability will of course be absorbed by MIC’s federal NOL in consolidation. With a strong first half in the books, we are looking for the gas company to exceed our prior guidance for EBITDA for the full year and generate between $55 million and $57.5 million of EBITDA for the full year 2012.
IMTT’s results reflected continued growth in terminal revenue and gross profit and a softer quarter for the Oil Mop environmental services business. Expenses were lower than the second quarter of last year on lower fuel costs, and without the unusual healthcare costs and unusual repair and maintenance costs incurred in 2011. In addition, we recalculated IMTT’s tax provision for the first and second quarters in accordance with GAAP. In doing so, we reduced IMTT’s provision for the first quarter and now provide for a federal income tax liability of $12 million and a state income tax liability of $5.2 million for 2012.
IMTT’s actual federal income tax liability could be higher or lower, depending on whether or not sufficient capital assets are placed in service during the year to provide IMTT with a tax shield from the resulting bonus depreciation.
Free cash flow at IMTT increased to $37.1 million from $26.9 million in the second quarter of last year. We’ve updated our EBITDA guidance for 2012 at IMTT, and increased the expected range of results from between $220 million to $235 million to narrow our expected range of results is to between $230 million and $240 million.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV