One under-$10 name in the chemical manufacturing complex that looks to trigger a major breakout trade is BioFuel Energy (BIOF), which produces and sells ethanol and its co-products (primarily distillers grain), through two ethanol production facilities located in Nebraska and Minnesota. This stock has been crushed by the sellers during 2012, with shares off by over 75%.
If you take a look at the chart for BioFuel Energy, you'll notice that this stock has been destroyed by the sellers during the last six months, with shares dropping from over $18.40 to a recent low of $2.07 a share. During that monster move lower, shares of BioFuel Energy have been consistently making lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, the stock has started to reverse that downtrend during the last few weeks, and some large upside volume spikes are hitting the chart.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV