One under-$10 stock in the pollution and treatment controls complex that's nearing a breakout trade is Fuel Tech (FTEK), an integrated company, which uses a range of advanced technologies to provide boiler optimization, improvement and air pollution reduction and control solutions to utility and industrial customers globally. This stock is off to a slow start in 2012, with shares down by around 19%.
If you take a look at the chart for Fuel Tech, you'll notice that this stock bottomed in late May at around $3.47 a share, and then subsequently went on to start a strong uptrend towards its current price of $5.33 a share. During that uptrend, shares of Fuel Tech have been making mostly higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. That move has now pushed the stock within range of triggering a major breakout trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV