I’m just going to go back, to put the day in perspective and give you an idea how it’s going to flow, Richard just took half of my time and I only had ten minutes. But that’s actually by design because if you look at the lineup here, this is really the best opportunity I think you have all year to not only listen to, but also ask questions to our entire executive staff and we went through a similar exercise. Now I can tell you we pulled out or edited quite a few of the slides but, we went through our long term strategy session with the board last week and these guys do really well on their feet and can answer and really engage you in a lot of questions. So please take advantage of that.
Let’s see. Quickly just looking at where we’re through the first half of the year, obviously a little better in most categories than we expected. Revenue up 25%. GDP was up point and a half the second quarter. So we’re continuing to outperform the softening revealed last night. We’re absolutely staying on the gas, not trying to give anything up. But really it’s still largely making growth happen rather than having too much wind at our back. The industry is beginning to show, are doing better than they have in quite some time and we’re trying to ride that wave to the extent we can.
The gross profit number being flat, obviously some headwinds there. Truthfully we expect to do better than that. That much currency hit in one short period of time was a little more than we could get after, but over the long term we’re still relentlessly focused on driving up margin expansion.
Net income, the percentage continues to move up. That’s been something we’ve been laser-focused on and we expect to see that continue to migrate north throughout the rest of the year. And obviously continuing to drive shareholder return has been good for us. As you can see where we were last year, continuing to make momentum.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV