BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Yesterday, Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke used two of his most powerful weapons: allusion and ambiguity.
Investors had been watching the Fed's actions closely -- after all, with the economy slowing, could we be getting the signal that the Fed is going to kick off QE3? If you ask me, it wasn't likely. In fact, it wasn't likely back in June either, when analysts seemed sure that QE3 was around the corner.
But rather than tip his hand, and show that another round of stimulus wasn't coming, Bernanke opted to suggest, imply, and hint at the possibility that QE3 will be coming around the corner when and if it's needed. You can't blame the man for using the only tools he has right now - just don't fall for the QE3 hype on the next go-around.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV