FREEHOLD, N.J., Aug. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UMH Properties, Inc. (NYSE: UMH) announced that, on August 1, 2012, it closed on the acquisition of 11 manufactured home communities, ten located in Pennsylvania and one located in New York. The total purchase price was $28,250,000. With this closing, UMH owns 53 communities consisting of approximately 10,100 developed homesites.
These 11 all-age family communities total 968 sites situated on 200 acres. The average occupancy for these communities is approximately 92%.
Samuel A. Landy, President, stated, "We are very pleased to announce the closing of this significant acquisition. These communities are an excellent fit to our existing portfolio. Pennsylvania is a state that has enjoyed a stable economy over the long term and is poised for above average growth in the future."
UMH, a publicly-owned REIT, owns and operates fifty-three manufactured home communities with approximately 10,100 developed homesites located in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Tennessee and Indiana. In addition, the Company owns a portfolio of REIT securities.SOURCE UMH Properties, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV