Landmark Software and Services, a Halliburton (NYSE: HAL) business line, announced that it has acquired Petris Technology, a leading supplier of data-management and integration solutions to the global energy industry.
The acquisition positions Halliburton with a unique capability within the upstream oil and gas industry: Halliburton can now deliver to its customers unrivalled access to their reservoir and well technical data, empowering its customers’ decision-making processes by providing them with mission-critical data, where and when they need it.
“By capturing all their scientific data within one environment, we are empowering our customers to make safer, faster and more accurate operational and economic decisions about their reservoirs,” said Gene Minnich, vice president of Landmark Software and Services.
The acquisition comprises all of Petris’ integrated solutions, including the PetrisWINDS products, such as Recall Applications, Recall Data Management, DataVera, Enterprise, DrillNET, and Operations Management Suite – which will become available to Halliburton’s clients as a part of the DecisionSpace® portfolio. The DecisionSpace environment has been designed to drive collaboration and efficient decision-making by ensuring these multiple sources of highly technical data are readily accessible across a customer’s full range of upstream business operations.ABOUT HALLIBURTON Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With more than 70,000 employees in approximately 80 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction and completion, and optimizing production through the life of the field. Visit the company’s website at www.halliburton.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV