Branham Law, LLP announces that it is investigating The Shaw Group, Inc. (“Shaw” or the “Company”)(NYSE:SHAW) as well as certain of its officers and directors for possible breaches of fiduciary duties in connection with a proposed buyout from Chicago Bridge and Iron Company, N.V. announced last week.
If you are a shareholder who purchased Shaw shares prior to the announcement of the buyout and currently hold those shares or if you have information regarding the actions of the Company detailed below, you are encouraged to contact attorney Trey Branham, Managing Partner of Branham Law, LLP at email@example.com or call (855) 722-5910.
Under the terms of the proposed buyout, SHAW shareholders are to receive only $41.00 in cash along with $5.00 in equity for each share of SHAW they own. It appears the Company is targeting a 2013 closing of this deal valued at more than $3 billion.
The investigation focuses on whether the officers and directors of Shaw adequately discharged their obligation to maximize the value of the Company and fully investigated all of the options available.“We want to ensure that shareholders are getting the highest possible price reasonably available,” said Trey Branham, the Managing Partner of Branham Law, LLP. “Our potential shareholder claim will be designed to ensure that those fiduciary duties are met by management and the board of directors,” Branham concluded.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV