NEW YORK -- American International Group (AIG) reported second-quarter after-tax operating income of $1.9 billion, or $1.06 a share, topping analysts' estimates of 57 cents a share.
Revenue rose 3% to $17.12 billion.
AIG said after-tax operating income for its combined insurance operations was $1.9 billion during the second quarter, increasing from $1.5 billion a year earlier.
During the second quarter, the insurance giant repaid all the loans it owed to the Federal Reserve as part of bailout funding it received in 2008 and 2009.AIG Blows Out Quarter
Procter & Gamble (PG), the consumer products giant, is expected by analysts Friday to post fiscal fourth-quarter earnings of 77 cents a share on revenue of $20.26 billion.
LinkedIn (LNKD), the social networker, met Wall Street earnings expectations for its second quarter, but beat on the top line. LinkedIn reported Thursday second-quarter earnings of 16 cents a share on revenue of $228.2 million. Analysts were expecting profit of 16 cents a share on revenue of $216.28 million. LinkedIn said it expects third-quarter sales of $235 million to $240 million. Analysts expect $236.1 million. LinkedIn Leaps on Strong Earnings, Guidance
Viacom (VIA) is expected by analysts Friday to post a quarterly profit of $1 a share on revenue of $3.49 billion.
Activision Blizzard's (ATVI) second-quarter adjusted results topped estimates on both the top and bottom lines. Activision, the publisher of video game Call of Duty, earned 20 cents a share on an adjusted basis in the quarter, up from 10 cents a year earlier. Adjusted revenue was $1.05 billion, up from $699 million. Analysts were expecting adjusted earnings of 12 cents a share on revenue of $836.3 million.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV