Updated from 10:03 a.m. EDT with settlement prices
NEW YORK (
Gold for December delivery fell $16.60 to settle at $1,590.70 an ounce at the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange. The gold price traded as high as $1,618.80 and as low as $1,586.30 an ounce, while the spot price was down $13.90, according to Kitco's gold index.
"I think the overriding themes here, it's the troika here of the Fed yesterday, the ECB today and jobs numbers tomorrow; after that we have to go on vacation most practically until September," said John Nadler, senior analyst at Kitco Metals, referring to the Federal Reserve and European Central Bank announcements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV