Vistaprint N.V. (Nasdaq: VPRT), a leading online provider of professional marketing products and services to micro businesses and the home, today revealed the results of its second “Small Business Happiness Index” for 2012. The index gauges micro business owner sentiment and provides information on topics that include their overall happiness, customer growth and revenue. Additionally, this survey focused on small businesses and their presence online, including owning a website and leveraging social media.
Results of the survey indicate that with the economy slowly rebounding, business is going well for micro business owners: 27 percent are on track to make the same amount of money as last year, while 46 percent are on track to make more money this year. Additionally, 55 percent of small business owners have more customers now than they did at the beginning of the year.
The quarterly survey generated nearly 1,500 responses from U.S. based micro businesses (businesses with between 1-10 employees) and showed that the vast majority are optimistic about running their own businesses, with 77 percent reporting that they are very happy. Respondents also said that running a small business is ideal for them, as over 85 percent somewhat prefer or strongly prefer working for themselves.
“Each quarter as we take the pulse of the micro business community, it is encouraging to see that owners are overwhelmingly happy with operating their own businesses and holding the role as sole decision maker,” said Don LeBlanc, chief marketing officer for Vistaprint. “Business is picking up, but according to our survey 42 percent of micro business owners are working more hours while holding or improving their customer numbers. The continued dedication of micro business owners reflects a resiliency and shows how dedicated they are to succeed.”Some detailed numbers from the survey around the usage of websites and social media platforms follows:
- 90 percent of respondents feel that it is important to have a website
- 69 percent of micro businesses surveyed currently have a website
- Of those micro business owners who have a website, 75 percent are generating revenue either directly or indirectly through a website
- A little less than half (46 percent) sell physical products on their website
- 56 percent of micro business owners have a Facebook page for their small business
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV