Teen retailer Aeropostale Inc. said revenue in stores open at least one year was flat for the quarter, and slashed its earnings expectations for the quarter. Its shares dropped more than a quarter in morning trading. Wet Seal and Zumiez both missed expectations for July.
But Hot Topic Inc. and American Eagle Outfitters Inc. both reported strong second-quarter results. American Eagle Outfitters Inc. on Wednesday raised its forecast for second-quarter earnings, saying that sales during the period were stronger than expected.
Department stores were mixed. Macy's and Kohl's both topped expectations, but the more expensive Saks Inc. fell short.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV