SPARKS, Md., Aug. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- OLD BAY, the iconic seasoning synonymous with good times and traditions, is reaching out to fans across the country on a whole new level with the help of Blippar, a new smartphone and tablet application. By downloading Blippar and blipping OLD BAY logos or packaging, smartphone screens will come alive with 3-D interactive games including Whack-A-Crab and Duckpin Bowling and unique OLD BAY recipes such as snack mix, crispy wings, shrimp scampi and more.
OLD BAY's launch of Blippar is part of the "Summer of Baytriotism," a regional celebration for those who love their hometown and will do anything to defend it. OLD BAY's usage of Blippar is the first use of this technology in the U.S. consumer products sector.
"OLD BAY is a brand that people are extremely passionate about," said Jill Pratt, vice president of marketing for McCormick & Company, Inc. (NYSE: MKC), parent company of OLD BAY. "Through Blippar, we are able to provide OLD BAY enthusiasts with engaging new digital content that allows them to further experience the brand. Blippar is extremely popular in Europe, and OLD BAY is proud to be the first consumer product to use it stateside."
Engaging with OLD BAY through Blippar is easy:
- Download the free Blippar app from the App Store or the Android Marketplace: http://www.blippar.com/download.
- Point the smartphone or tablet camera at any OLD BAY can, logo or packaging, and blipp the OLD BAY image.
- Upon blipping, users will be offered:
- Unique OLD BAY recipes that are useful for home cooks and grocery store shoppers who are looking for dinner ideas.
- Exclusive OLD BAY games such as Whack-A-Crab, Duckpin Bowling and Baltimore-centric trivia.
- The OLD BAY Garage – OLD BAY turned a popular Baltimore parking garage into a giant can of OLD BAY weighing in at 82 tons. When blipped, users are instantly directed to the OLD BAY Whack-A-Crab game and unique OLD BAY recipes.
- "Summer of Baytriotism" Coasters – Found in popular Baltimore taverns and restaurants, users who blipp the coasters will be directed to the OLD BAY Whack-A-Crab and Duckpin Bowling games and Baltimore-centric trivia. OLD BAY encourages social interaction and urges users to challenge friends, family and fellow dining patrons.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV