NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Security specialist AVG Technologies (AVG) was a big winner in premarket trading on Thursday, rising 7% to $10.70 after its strong second-quarter results, released on Wednesday.
The Symantec (SYMC) rival, which went public earlier this year, ended the quarter with 128 million customers, a 31% hike on the prior-year's quarter.
AVG also raised its full-year revenue forecast to between $336 million and $344 million, up from its prior forecast of $327 million to $335 million. Excluding items, the company also expects full-year earnings of $1.15 to $1.20 a share, above its prior outlook of $1.08 to $1.14 a share.
Sirius XM (SIRI) shares were flat at $2.15, although the satellite radio giant was one of the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 1,264,574.Electronic Arts (EA), which reported preliminary first-quarter results on Tuesday, tumbled 10% to $10.51 before market open. Rival Activision Blizzard (ATVI), which reports its second-quarter results after market close, Thursday crept up 0.25% to $11.85. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV