NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Security specialist AVG Technologies (AVG) was a big winner in premarket trading on Thursday, rising 7% to $10.70 after its strong second-quarter results, released on Wednesday.
The Symantec (SYMC) rival, which went public earlier this year, ended the quarter with 128 million customers, a 31% hike on the prior-year's quarter.
AVG also raised its full-year revenue forecast to between $336 million and $344 million, up from its prior forecast of $327 million to $335 million. Excluding items, the company also expects full-year earnings of $1.15 to $1.20 a share, above its prior outlook of $1.08 to $1.14 a share.
Sirius XM (SIRI) shares were flat at $2.15, although the satellite radio giant was one of the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 1,264,574.Electronic Arts (EA), which reported preliminary first-quarter results on Tuesday, tumbled 10% to $10.51 before market open. Rival Activision Blizzard (ATVI), which reports its second-quarter results after market close, Thursday crept up 0.25% to $11.85. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV