European-based contract research organization (CRO) TFS has implemented Medidata CTMS™, a leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) clinical trial management system offered by Medidata Solutions (NASDAQ: MDSO), across its growing organization in an effort to scale operations of its clinical services. TFS’ recent and planned acquisitions have resulted in access to an increased and geographically expansive network of more than 900 clinical sites across Europe. TFS is leveraging Medidata CTMS to provide its growing organization with a common tool for efficiently managing and tracking site performance.
- “Medidata CTMS’ interoperable platform enables TFS to continue providing clients with the high-quality services they have come to expect—but more efficiently and at a greater scale to meet growing customer demand,” said Tiina Nurminen, director of global clinical operations, TFS. “Having an increased network of sites means we can improve our customers’ time to patient enrollment and time to study completion, but this growth places new strains on our site management processes. By implementing Medidata CTMS across our recently expanded organization, we can harmonize our processes to best serve our customers’ trials and optimally work with sites.”
Medidata CTMS enables scalability of TFS’ client service model, seamlessly providing clients with 24/7 access to data about trial milestones. The Medidata CTMS dashboards and reports provide TFS clients with visibility into site progress—including the number of contracted sites, initiated sites and patients enrolled—so clients can make timely data-driven decisions to optimize their trials.
- “CROs are increasingly challenged to find efficient ways of scaling their customer service offerings to meet client needs,” said Glen de Vries, president, Medidata Solutions. “The flexibility of Medidata CTMS streamlines study workflows from study start-up to site payments, helping forward-thinking TFS manage trials more efficiently for their customers.”
Connect with Medidata:
- Read our blog, Geeks Talk Clinical
- Tweet this: European CRO TFS Uses @Medidata #CTMS to Handle Growing Customer Base and Expanding Site Network http://bit.ly/R8Pqzk
- Follow us on Twitter: @Medidata
- Find us on LinkedIn
About TFSTFS International, with headquarters in Lund, Sweden, is the largest non-listed European clinical Contract Research Organization (CRO). Clinical services are provided by four business areas; TFS Explore ™, TFS Develop ™, TFS People ™ and TFS Academy ™, with annual net revenue greater than €40 million, global operations in 21 countries, and 500 employees worldwide conducting phase I, II, III, IV and non-interventional studies. Detailed information about TFS business areas, global locations and recent press releases can be obtained through its website. About Medidata Solutions Worldwide Medidata Solutions is a leading global provider of cloud-based clinical development solutions that enhance the efficiency of customers’ clinical trials. Medidata’s advanced platform lowers the total cost of clinical development by optimizing clinical trials from concept to conclusion: from study and protocol design, trial planning and budgeting, site negotiation, clinical portal, trial management, randomization and trial supply management, clinical data capture and management, safety events capture, medical coding to business analytics. Our diverse life science customer base spans biopharmaceutical companies, medical device and diagnostic companies, academic and government institutions, CROs and other research organizations, and includes more than 20 of the top 25 global pharmaceutical companies as well as organizations of all sizes developing life-enhancing medical treatments and diagnostics.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts