Progress Software Corporation (NASDAQ: PRGS) today announced its plan to make available the Progress® Apama® Capital Markets Foundation (CMF), version 2.3 release later this month. The new Apama CMF will ship with comprehensive support for the financial information exchange (FIX) protocol used by funds, investment managers and firms to transfer accurate and timely financial information. The FIX protocol connectivity within the new Apama CMF product is re-built from the ground-up and delivers significant performance, management and functionality enhancements.
The Apama CMF further extends the Progress Apama complex event processing (CEP) engine with a rich set of components for the creation of scalable, feature-rich, real-time Capital Markets applications. The new FIX capabilities in the Apama CMF version 2.3 release will include:
- Dynamically loaded plug-ins to handle different FIX message types and custom FIX extensions as required by different FIX destinations;
- Support for FIX versions 4.0 through 5.0SP2 in FIX client (originator) or destination configurations;
- Full integration with the Apama CMF’s new market data architecture (NMDA), which provides significant latency and throughput improvements through fine–grained subscription, point-of-entry data filtering and incremental order book updates;
- In-built, dynamic configuration and status monitoring of message rates and latencies.
Commenting on the new Apama CMF release Dr. Richard Bentley, vice president, capital markets, Progress Software, said: “We are committed to providing our Capital Markets customers with the most advanced platform for the development of innovative algorithmic and high-frequency trading applications. This latest release of the Apama CMF embodies more than 10 years of experience in delivering such applications across multiple asset classes and in every major financial center in the world. The next generation FIX protocol support raises the bar in terms of performance and functionality and recognizes the increasing importance of FIX as an industry standard in a fragmented liquidity landscape.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts