Liquid Hedge Funds:
- Fortress Macro Fund net return of 8.0% for the first half of 2012 and estimated year-to-date net return of 5.8% through July 27, 2012
- Fortress Asia Macro Fund net return of 6.8% for the first half of 2012 and estimated year-to-date net return of 8.5% through July 27, 2012
- Launched new Fortress Convex Asia Funds managed from our Singapore office
- Raised approximately $180 million in new third-party capital during the quarter
(See supplemental data on page 20 for more detail on Liquid Hedge Funds results)
The Liquid Hedge Funds generated pre-tax DE of $3 million in the second quarter of 2012, a slight decrease from the previous quarter primarily due to a decline in incentive income. Segment financial results for this quarter and this year reflect a minimal amount of incentive income in these funds, as well as approximately $1.6 billion of total redemptions paid out in the first two quarters of 2012.
Net returns for the six months ended June 30, 2012 for the Macro Funds, Asia Macro Funds and Partners Funds were 8.0%, 6.8% and 1.7%, respectively. Importantly, positive year-to-date fund performance has continued to bring more capital either above or significantly closer to their respective high water marks and thus eligible to generate incentive income. As of June 30, 2012, nearly 95% of capital in the Macro Funds was within 3% of respective high water marks and over 90% of Asia Macro Fund capital exceeded its respective high water marks.Liquid Hedge Fund AUM declined 9% in the quarter to $4.4 billion, primarily due to $700 million in capital outflows to investors of the Fortress Commodities Funds which closed during the second quarter of 2012. As of June 30, 2012, there were $0.5 billion of Liquid Hedge Fund redemption notices outstanding, which will be paid out in future periods.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts