- Fund portfolio investment valuations increased 5.4% in the second quarter of 2012, bringing year-to-date appreciation to 10.5%
- Raised $267 million of permanent equity capital in the second quarter for Newcastle Investment Corp.; subsequent to quarter end raised an additional $167 million, bringing total equity raised since the beginning of 2011 to over $645 million
- Announced an agreement to sell the commercial real estate lending and primary servicing businesses of CW Financial Services to Walker & Dunlop (NYSE: WD), for approximately $80 million in cash and $140 million in stock. Pending the transaction’s close, Fortress’s Private Equity and Credit funds will become Walker & Dunlop’s largest shareholder
- Subsequent to quarter end, launched a new Private Equity fund focused on investments in mortgage servicing rights, which is expected to close in August with over $500 million in total commitments
- Subsequent to quarter end, entered into agreement to sell RailAmerica to Genesee & Wyoming (NYSE: GWR) for an all cash purchase price of $27.50 per share
(See supplemental data on page 17 for more detail on Private Equity results)
The Private Equity business, which includes Private Equity Funds and Castles, had pre-tax DE of $27 million for the second quarter, a slight decrease from $29 million in the first quarter. Year-to-date pre-tax DE for the segment was $56 million, down $6 million from the same time period in 2011, largely due to lower Private Equity Fund management fees that resulted from changes in the basis on which these fees are calculated in three funds, partially offset by higher Private Equity Fund incentive income. The majority of this incentive income was attributable to a $6 million reversal of previously recognized claw-back reserves recorded for Fund II.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV