- Net sales increased year-over-year by 48.2% to $239.1 million as compared to $161.4 million in the second quarter of 2011.
- Residential product sales increased 33.8% compared to the second quarter of 2011.
- Commercial & Industrial (C&I) product sales increased 76.4% compared to the prior year second quarter.
- Net sales over the trailing four quarters were $1.040 billion; on a pro-forma basis, when including the results for Magnum Products for the entire period, net sales were $1.082 billion.
- Net income was $9.3 million or $0.14 per share for the second quarter of 2012 as compared to $15.3 million or $0.23 per share for the same period of 2011. The current year results include a charge for refinancing costs and a normalized effective income tax rate. Adjusted net income, as defined in the accompanying reconciliation schedules, increased to $39.9 million from $27.7 million in the second quarter of 2011. Adjusted diluted net income per common share was $0.58 as compared to $0.41 per share in the second quarter of 2011.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased to $54.6 million as compared to $37.6 million in the second quarter last year.
- Cash flow from operations in the second quarter of 2012 was $21.1 million as compared to $15.3 million in the prior year quarter. Free cash flow was $17.8 million as compared to $13.5 million in the second quarter of 2011.
- For the trailing four quarters, net income was $343.9 million; adjusted EBITDA, pro-forma for Magnum Products was $258.3 million; cash flow from operations was $201.4 million; and free cash flow was $187.3 million, which represents 90% of the adjusted net income reported during that time period.
- The Company is raising its sales growth guidance for full-year 2012 to the low-20% range over the prior year, which represents an increase from the high-teens growth rate previously expected. As a result, Adjusted EBITDA for the full-year 2012 is now expected to increase in the high-teens range over the prior year, which is an increase from the mid-teens growth rate previously expected.
Generac Reports Strong Second Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.