Rogers Corporation Stock Upgraded (ROG)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.37, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that ROG's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 2.02 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- ROG, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 8.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 11.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- ROGERS CORP's earnings per share declined by 47.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ROGERS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.62 versus $2.15 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 26.7% in earnings ($1.92 versus $2.62).
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has significantly decreased by 46.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $12.13 million to $6.45 million.
- The gross profit margin for ROGERS CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 29.10%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the weak results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.10% is above that of the industry average.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.