Thank you, Eugenia, and good afternoon and thank you for joining us on today’s call. I have a few introductory comments before we welcome the newest member of our senior management team to the core of our call – Chief Financial Officer Dan Spiegelman who will review the financials for Q2 2012. Steve will then provide more detail on our commercial portfolio and Hank will provide an update on our R&D program before we open the call for questions.
We’re very pleased with the progress we’ve made today in both our commercial as well as our clinical programs. Starting with our commercial portfolio we generated almost $425 million in quarterly revenues for BioMarin-marketed products, and this is after a very strong Q1driven by continued growth from Naglazyme and Kuvan. Our core business is strong and continues to grow and support the majority of the development costs of our existing R&D pipeline.
Our cash balance was $524.6 million at the end of Q2 as compared to $288 million at the end of Q1 2012. At the end of May we raised $235 million of net proceeds from a public offering of common stock. The main purpose of this financing was to strengthen our balance sheet after spending $130 million in that year on a new manufacturing facility in Ireland and also for the repurchase of [Naglazyme 1T2]. We also wanted to raise money at an opportunistic time especially considering the uncertainty of the global markets.As we enter the second half of the year we are nearing several significant clinical inflection points including the Phase III trials for GALNS, the Phase II trials for PEG-PAL, the Phase I/II trials for BMN-673 – our PARP inhibitors for solid tumors – and the Phase I trial in [healthy enroll] tiers for BMN-1 inhibitor or Achondroplasia; and also the Phase I/II trial for BMN-701 for Pompe Disease now anticipated in Q1 of next year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV