As noted on our previous two calls, our issues in the small account portion of our business were driven by our decision to transition all of our corporate accounts, including small accounts from defined length series to a corporate version of monthly pass. This resulted in changes, disruptions and problems in the following areas: 1) in shifting to an automated web-based signup process we lost the benefit of having an on-premise information session, which is an important recruiting tool to ensure that enough employees are signed up at a given worksite to allow a new at-work meeting to start, 2) there were a number of technical problems associates with the web-based enrollment portal and 3) significant changes in procedure created extra burdens for the sales organization, which resulted in slow follow-up on new sales leads and in addressing issues.
By March we had fully diagnosed all of the issues and determine the proper path forward and began to systematically implement changes, including, one, fixing the technical issues associated with the online enrollment portal, two, fully reinstituting the on-premise information sessions and, three, beginning in early September we will return to selling fixed durations series for accounts with less than 5,000 employees and without a subsidy in place.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV