These uncertainties and risks include, but are not limited to, overall conditions in the market in which the company competes, global financial conditions and uncertainty, market acceptance and demand for the company's products and the impact of delays by our customers on the timing of sales of products. In addition to the factors that may be discussed in this call, we refer you to the company's periodic reports filed with the SEC and available online by link from our website for additional information on risk factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from our current expectations.
This conference call will be available on our website at axt.com through August 1, 2013. Also, before we begin, I want to note that shortly following the close of the market today, we issued a press release reporting financial results for the second quarter of 2012. This press release could be accessed form the Investor Relations section of AXT's website at axt.com.
I would now like to turn the call over to Raymond Low for a review of the second quarter 2012 results. Ray?
Raymond A. LowThank you, Leslie. Revenue for the second quarter of 2012 was $25.2 million compared with $23.5 million in the first quarter of 2012. Total gallium arsenide substrate revenue was $14.9 million in the second quarter of 2012 compared with $12.2 million in the first quarter of 2012. Indium phosphide substrate revenue was $1.3 million for the second quarter of 2012 compared with $1.5 million in the first quarter of 2012. Germanium substrate revenue was $2.5 million (sic) [$2.4 million] for the second quarter of 2012 compared with $2.6 million in the first quarter of 2012. Raw material sales were $6.5 million for the second quarter of 2012 compared with $7.2 million in the first quarter of 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV