Kilroy Realty Corporation (NYSE: KRC) today reported financial results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2012, with a net loss available to common stockholders of $800,000, or $0.02 per share, compared to a net loss available to common stockholders of $317,000, or $0.01 per share, in the second quarter of 2011. Revenues from continuing operations in the second quarter totaled $103.9 million, up from $88.4 million in the prior year's second quarter. Funds from operations (FFO) for the period totaled $39.5 million, or $0.55 per share, compared to $31.6 million, or $0.52 per share, in the year-earlier period.
Results for the second quarter of 2012 include $0.03 per share of acquisition-related expenses, and the issuance of 575,689 common shares under the company's at-the-market stock offering program at a weighted average price of $46.05, net of selling commissions.
For the first six months of 2012, KRC reported net income available to common stockholders of $66.7 million, or $1.00 per share, compared to $717,000, or less than $0.01 per share, in the first half of 2011. Revenues from continuing operations in the six-month period totaled $203.3 million, up from $172.2 million in the same period of 2011. FFO for the first half of 2012 totaled $72.5 million, or $1.04 per share, compared to $61.8 million, or $1.06 per share, in the first half of 2011. Net income for first half of 2012 included approximately $72.8 million of net gains from property dispositions. All per share amounts in this report are presented on a diluted basis.
At June 30, 2012, the company's stabilized portfolio totaled approximately 15.6 million square feet and was 90.0% occupied. Occupancy declined from 91.6% in the prior quarter primarily due to the lease expirations of two tenants in San Diego as well as an industrial tenant move-out in Orange County.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV