Aug. 1, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- Ultrapar Participacoes S.A. (BM&FBOVESPA: UGPA3 / NYSE: UGP), a company engaged in fuel distribution (Ultragaz/Ipiranga), chemicals (Oxiteno) and storage for liquid bulk (Ultracargo), hereby reports its results for the second quarter of 2012.
In 2Q12, we completed another quarter of positive earnings progression, with 15% and 9% growth in EBITDA and net income. In addition, we continued our expansion plan, with the announcement of the acquisitions of a liquid bulk terminal in Maranhao and a specialty chemicals company in Uruguay.
"Over the last months, we took important steps towards our strategy of sustained growth with the announcement of two acquisitions in May. We acquired, through Ultracargo, a terminal for liquids at the port of Itaqui, in Maranhao, where we did not yet have operations. We also acquired a specialty chemicals company in Uruguay, strengthening Oxiteno's scale and positioning in the Southern Cone. In addition, we closed another quarter of growth in volumes and results, despite facing a less favorable macroeconomic environment."
- VOLUMES AND REVENUES GROW IN ALL BUSINESSES
- ULTRAPAR'S EBITDA REACHES R$ 579 MILLION IN 2Q12, GROWTH OF 15% OVER 2Q11
- NET EARNINGS REACH R$ 234 MILLION IN 2Q12, UP 9% OVER 2Q11
- ULTRACARGO ACQUIRES A BULK LIQUID TERMINAL IN MARANHAO
- OXITENO ACQUIRES A SPECIALTY CHEMICALS COMPANY IN URUGUAY
- DIVIDEND DISTRIBUTION OF R$ 273 MILLION APPROVED, CORRESPONDING TO A 64% PAYOUT ON 1H12 NET EARNINGS
Pedro Wongtschowski – CEO
Results conference call
Brazilian conference call
August 3rd, 2012
– SPTelephone for connection: +55 11 2188 0155Code: Ultrapar
International conference call
August 3rd, 2012
(US EST)Participants in
: 0800 891 0015Participants in the
: 1 877 317 6776International participants: +1 412 317 6776Code: Ultrapar
Telephone: + 55 11 3177 7014Website:
Ultrapar Participacoes S.A.
/share (03/31/12)UGP =
SOURCE Ultrapar Participacoes S.A.