SAO PAULO, Aug. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ultrapar Participacoes S.A. (BM&FBOVESPA: UGPA3 / NYSE: UGP), a company engaged in fuel distribution (Ultragaz/Ipiranga), chemicals (Oxiteno) and storage for liquid bulk (Ultracargo), hereby reports its results for the second quarter of 2012.
In 2Q12, we completed another quarter of positive earnings progression, with 15% and 9% growth in EBITDA and net income. In addition, we continued our expansion plan, with the announcement of the acquisitions of a liquid bulk terminal in Maranhao and a specialty chemicals company in Uruguay.
- VOLUMES AND REVENUES GROW IN ALL BUSINESSES
- ULTRAPAR'S EBITDA REACHES R$ 579 MILLION IN 2Q12, GROWTH OF 15% OVER 2Q11
- NET EARNINGS REACH R$ 234 MILLION IN 2Q12, UP 9% OVER 2Q11
- ULTRACARGO ACQUIRES A BULK LIQUID TERMINAL IN MARANHAO
- OXITENO ACQUIRES A SPECIALTY CHEMICALS COMPANY IN URUGUAY
- DIVIDEND DISTRIBUTION OF R$ 273 MILLION APPROVED, CORRESPONDING TO A 64% PAYOUT ON 1H12 NET EARNINGS
"Over the last months, we took important steps towards our strategy of sustained growth with the announcement of two acquisitions in May. We acquired, through Ultracargo, a terminal for liquids at the port of Itaqui, in Maranhao, where we did not yet have operations. We also acquired a specialty chemicals company in Uruguay, strengthening Oxiteno's scale and positioning in the Southern Cone. In addition, we closed another quarter of growth in volumes and results, despite facing a less favorable macroeconomic environment."
Pedro Wongtschowski – CEOResults conference call Brazilian conference call August 3rd, 2012 10:00 a.m. (US EST) Sao Paulo – SPTelephone for connection: +55 11 2188 0155Code: Ultrapar International conference call August 3rd, 2012 11:30 a.m. (US EST)Participants in Brazil: 0800 891 0015Participants in the USA: 1 877 317 6776International participants: +1 412 317 6776Code: Ultrapar IR Contact E-mail: email@example.comTelephone: + 55 11 3177 7014Website: www.ultra.com.br Ultrapar Participacoes S.A.UGPA3 = R$ 45.20/share (03/31/12)UGP = US$ 22.68/ADR (03/31/12) SOURCE Ultrapar Participacoes S.A.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV