Kemper Corporation (NYSE: KMPR) announced today that its Board of Directors has welcomed Robert J. Joyce as a member of its Board of Directors. The board also named David P. Storch as Lead Director.
Mr. Joyce, 64, is a seasoned executive in the insurance industry. Most recently, he served as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Westfield Group until January 2011, and then served as Executive Chair of Westfield’s Board until March 2012. Mr. Joyce also served as Chairman of Westfield Bank, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ohio Farmers Insurance Company, until April 2010. He has over 30 years of experience in financial services, including property & casualty, life, title and surety insurance.
“We are pleased to have Bob become a member of the Kemper Board. He brings a wealth of insurance industry expertise that aligns well with our product offerings,” said Donald G. Southwell, Kemper’s Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer. “We also congratulate David on his appointment as Lead Director for Kemper.”
Mr. Joyce served as a U.S. Navy Captain and is a veteran of Desert Storm and Desert Shield. He served on the Board of Governors of the Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCI) and is a past chair of that organization. He is a past member of the American and the Pennsylvania Institutes of CPAs. Mr. Joyce holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Villanova University.Mr. Storch has been a member of the Board of Directors since May 2010. He is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of AAR Corp., a leading provider of products and services to the worldwide aerospace and government/defense industries. About Kemper Kemper is a diversified insurance holding company with subsidiaries that provide an array of products to the individual and small business markets: kemper.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV