Highest YTD Sales Ever For Subaru Canada
Record July results contribute to 6.0% increase for 2012.
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Aug. 1, 2012 /CNW/ - Subaru Canada, Inc. (SCI) announced a new July record as vehicle sales ascended to 2,362 units, up 23.3 percent over the same month last year. Overall year-to-date sales were also on the rise with results up 6.0 percent over the same period in 2011, helping 2012 on its way to setting a new milestone as the company's best year yet.
It was also the best July ever for the WRX/STI as sales rose by 43.8 percent over the same period last year. Impreza sales skyrocketed up 56.8 percent from last July, while Forester and Outback sales rose by 24.4 percent and 9.7 percent, respectively.
"For a long time, Subaru has been the best kept secret in the automotive industry," said Shiro Ohta, president and CEO of Subaru Canada, Inc. "Recent awards and accolades from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, Automotive Lease Guide and Canadian Black Book - in addition to a long-standing reputation for safety, durability and value - have helped us become an attractive alternative to mainstream brands."About Subaru Canada, Inc. Subaru Canada, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. of Japan. Headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario, the company markets and distributes Subaru vehicles, parts and accessories through a network of over 85 authorized dealers across Canada. SOURCE Subaru Canada Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV