HAMILTON, Bermuda, August 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Same store revenue per available room ("RevPAR") for the quarter up 3% in local currency and down 2% in US dollars
- Second quarter total revenue before real estate down 2% to $163.8 million from $167.8 million
- Second quarter revenue from owned hotels down 4% to $130.7 million from $135.6 million
- Adjusted EBITDA before real estate for the second quarter down 3% to $41.5 million from $42.7 million
- Adjusted net earnings from continuing operations for the second quarter up to $14.8 million from $10.2 million
- Opened Palacio Nazarenas, a 55-key all-suite hotel in Cuzco, Peru
- Entered into agreements to sell The Observatory Hotel in Sydney and The Westcliff in Johannesburg
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. (NYSE: OEH, http://www.orient-express.com) (the "Company"), owners or part-owners and managers of 46 luxury hotel, restaurant, tourist train and river cruise properties operating in 23 countries, today announced its results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012.
"We have experienced a challenging second quarter," said Philip Mengel, Director and Interim Chief Executive Officer. "The continued economic uncertainty in the Eurozone has affected demand for luxury travel from European sources, and the weakening of the euro and other currencies against the dollar has reduced the dollar value of our revenues.
"Despite these challenges," Mr. Mengel continued, "we are pleased that our underlying revenue in local currencies has continued to grow. Excluding the effects of currency movements, total revenue before real estate for the second quarter was $6.1 million, or 4%, ahead of the second quarter of 2011. If we look forward, total owned hotels' revenue on the books for the full year 2012 shows a 5% increase compared to 2011 when the effects of currency are excluded."Our strategy to redeploy capital from non-core properties is proceeding on plan. We have recently announced agreements to sell The Observatory Hotel and The Westcliff. The sale proceeds will be allocated to debt reduction, corporate liquidity and our active program of investments in core properties. In June, our Peruvian hotel joint venture opened Palacio Nazarenas, an all-suite property in Cuzco, Peru, and we have exciting revenue-enhancing investment projects in progress across the portfolio." Second Quarter 2012 Earnings Summary
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV