Edison International (EIX): Today's Featured Utilities Laggard
Edison International (EIX) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Edison International fell $1.02 (-2.2%) to $45.16 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.9 million shares of Edison International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of two million shares. The stock ranged in price between $45.16-$46.80 after having opened the day at $45.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.18. Other company's within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Distribution and Marketing Company of the N (EDN), down 2.4%, Clean Energy Fuels Corporation (CLNE), down 2.1%, and Niska Gas Storage Partners (NKA), down 1.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Edison International Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV