BMC Software Inc. (BMC): Today's Featured Technology Laggard
BMC Software (BMC) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, BMC Software fell $1.79 (-4.5%) to $37.81 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.1 million shares of BMC Software exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $35.48-$37.96 after having opened the day at $36.94 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.60. Other company's within the Technology sector that declined today were: ServiceSource International (SREV), down 27.9%, Digital River (DRIV), down 25.6%, Faro Technologies (FARO), down 21.6%, and Chyron Corporation (CHYR), down 16%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full BMC Software Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV