Nordstrom Inc. (JWN): Today's Featured Retail Laggard
Nordstrom (JWN) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Nordstrom fell 63 cents (-1.2%) to $53.51 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6.2 million shares of Nordstrom exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $51.50-$54.44 after having opened the day at $54.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.14. Other company's within the Retail industry that declined today were: QKL Stores (QKLS), down 14.3%, Liquidity Service (LQDT), down 8.1%, ALCO Stores (ALCS), down 6.9%, and J.C. Penney (JCP), down 5.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Nordstrom Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV