- James V. Cassella, PhD, has been promoted to Executive Vice President, Research and Development and Chief Scientific Officer. Dr. Cassella joined Alexza in 2004 as Senior Vice President, Research and Development. Prior to joining Alexza, Dr. Cassella held various management positions at Neurogen Corporation, from 1989 to 2004, including Senior Vice President of Clinical Research and Development from 2003 to 2004. Before joining the biotech industry, Dr. Cassella was Assistant Professor of Neuroscience at Oberlin College. Dr. Cassella received a Ph.D. in physiological psychology from Dartmouth College, completed a postdoctoral fellowship in the Department of Psychiatry at the Yale University School of Medicine and received a B.A. in psychology from the University of New Haven.
- Darl Moreland has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Quality. Mr. Moreland joined Alexza in 2010 as Vice President, Quality. Prior to joining Alexza, Mr. Moreland was Vice President, Quality Assurance and Compliance and Chief Compliance Officer for Mentor Worldwide LLC, a division of Johnson and Johnson, from 2007 to 2010. From 2006 to 2007, he was Senior Director, cGMP Quality Assurance at Conor Medsystems. Mr. Moreland also held previous quality-related positions at Genentech, Inc., Guidant Corporation, ALZA Corporation and Eli Lilly and Company. Mr. Moreland received a B.A. in chemistry from Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Mark K. Oki has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Finance and Chief Financial Officer. Mr. Oki served as our Vice President, Finance and Controller from 2010 to 2012 and as our Controller from 2006 to 2010. Prior to joining Alexza, Mr. Oki served as the Controller of Pharmacyclics, Inc. from 2001 to 2006, and held various accounting and finance positions with Incyte Genomics, Inc. from 1998 to 2001. Before joining the biotech industry, Mr. Oki held several positions at Deloitte & Touche LLP. Mr. Oki received a B.S. in business administration with a concentration in accounting from San Jose State University.
- Edwin S. Kamemoto, Ph.D., has been promoted to Vice President, Regulatory Affairs. Dr. Kamemoto has served as our Executive Director, Regulatory Affairs since 2010. He joined Alexza in 2006 as Associate Director, Regulatory Affairs, and was promoted to Director, Regulatory Affairs in 2007 and to Senior Director, Regulatory Affairs in 2008. Prior to joining Alexza, Dr. Kamemoto was a consultant for CATO Research, a contract research organization, from 2004 to 2006. From 1995 to 2004, he held various scientific and regulatory affairs managerial positions at Nektar Therapeutics. Dr. Kamemoto also held previous scientific-related positions at Collagen Corporation, Celtrix Pharmaceuticals and Glycomed. Dr. Kamemoto received a Ph.D. in Biochemistry from UCLA, completed a postdoctoral fellowship in the Department of Pharmacology at Stanford University and received a B.S. in Chemistry & Biology from University of Hawaii.
Alexza Announces Management Promotions
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.