- The company reported Comprehensive Income of $141.6 million, or $0.66 per diluted weighted average common share.
- Book value increased to $9.94 per common share at June 30, 2012 compared to $9.67 per common share at March 31, 2012 due primarily to appreciation in the company's Agency and non-Agency RMBS holdings, net of hedges.
- The company reported Core Earnings of $76.1 million, or $0.35 per diluted weighted average common share. Second quarter Core Earnings were impacted by costs associated with the company's hedging strategy, the timing of capital deployment from its February 2012 capital raise and lower net interest spreads from securities acquired in recent months.
- The company's RMBS portfolio generated an aggregate yield of 4.6%, driven by a three-month average Constant Prepayment Rate (CPR) of 5.6% for its Agency RMBS portfolio during the second quarter.
- The company declared a dividend of $0.40 per common share, or 15.4% annualized dividend yield, based upon June 29, 2012 closing price of $10.36.
- The company completed an accretive public stock offering on July 18, 2012, which resulted in the issuance of 57.5 million shares of common stock for net proceeds of approximately $592.4 million. The company intends to deploy the proceeds from this offering over the coming months to make additional acquisitions of RMBS securities, residential mortgage loans and residential real properties, and for other general corporate purposes.
Two Harbors Investment Corp. Reports Second Quarter 2012 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.