Two Harbors Investment Corp. (NYSE: TWO; NYSE MKT: TWO.WS), a real estate investment trust that invests in residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS), residential mortgage loans, residential real properties and other financial assets, today announced its financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2012.
- The company reported Comprehensive Income of $141.6 million, or $0.66 per diluted weighted average common share.
- Book value increased to $9.94 per common share at June 30, 2012 compared to $9.67 per common share at March 31, 2012 due primarily to appreciation in the company's Agency and non-Agency RMBS holdings, net of hedges.
- The company reported Core Earnings of $76.1 million, or $0.35 per diluted weighted average common share. Second quarter Core Earnings were impacted by costs associated with the company's hedging strategy, the timing of capital deployment from its February 2012 capital raise and lower net interest spreads from securities acquired in recent months.
- The company's RMBS portfolio generated an aggregate yield of 4.6%, driven by a three-month average Constant Prepayment Rate (CPR) of 5.6% for its Agency RMBS portfolio during the second quarter.
- The company declared a dividend of $0.40 per common share, or 15.4% annualized dividend yield, based upon June 29, 2012 closing price of $10.36.
- The company completed an accretive public stock offering on July 18, 2012, which resulted in the issuance of 57.5 million shares of common stock for net proceeds of approximately $592.4 million. The company intends to deploy the proceeds from this offering over the coming months to make additional acquisitions of RMBS securities, residential mortgage loans and residential real properties, and for other general corporate purposes.
"We again had strong performance in our portfolio this quarter, delivering a 6.9% 1 total return to stockholders and at the same time advancing our strategic priorities," said Thomas Siering, Two Harbors' President and Chief Executive Officer. "Both of our RMBS portfolios continue to perform well. We believe our security selection, hedging methods and ability to deploy capital across sectors allows us to optimize portfolio results."
(1) The term “total return” means (i) the change in Two Harbors' book value per share at June 30, 2012 as compared to March 31, 2012, plus (ii) dividends declared by Two Harbors in the second quarter of 2012, divided by Two Harbors' book value per share at March 31, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV