- Reported earnings per diluted share from continuing operations of $0.61 compared to $0.48 in second quarter of 2011; adjusted earnings per diluted share from continuing operations of $0.59 compared to $0.61 in year ago quarter;
- Reported commissions and fees decreased 2% compared with the second quarter of 2011;
- Organic growth in commissions and fees of 2%; led by 7% organic growth in Global Segment;
- Reported operating margin of 21.3% compared to 18.1% in second quarter of 2011; adjusted operating margin of 20.7% compared to 21.5% in year ago quarter;
- Repurchased 1,040,000 shares for approximately $37 million during the quarter.
Willis Group Reports Second Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.