Rob will now review ONEOK’s financial highlights and then Pierce will review ONEOK’s operating performance. Rob?
Thanks John, and good morning everyone. ONEOK’s second quarter net income was $61 million compared with $55.1 million for the same period last year, driven primarily by the solid performance of ONEOK Partners offset partially by continued challenges in the Energy Services segment. We completed a 2:1 split of the company’s common stock on June 1, making our shares more accessible to a broader base of potential investors. Also in June, ONEOK executed $150 million accelerated share repurchase agreement funded by cash-on-hand and short-term borrowings, part of a Board approved $750 million share repurchase program through 2013, of which $300 million remain. Based on the repurchase of shares, we expect the average amount of diluted shares outstanding for 2012 to be approximately 211 million.
ONEOK’s year-to-date 2012 standalone cash flow report changes in working capital exceeded capital expenditures and dividend payments by $82 million. In July, we declared a dividend of $0.33 per share on a split adjusted basis, an increase of 8% from the previous quarter.With the partnership’s equity offering and private placement in March 2012, ONEOK as a general partner and significant limited partner owner is now expecting to receive $437 million in distributions from ONEOK Partners this year, a 31% increase over 2011. We also updated 2012 guidance for ONEOK. Net income is expected to be in the range of $345 million to $375 million compared with its previous range of $360 million to $410 million. The updated guidance reflects lower expected earnings in the Energy Services and Natural Gas Distribution segments, offset partially by higher expected earnings in the ONEOK Partners segment. Pierce will discuss the specific guidance updates in a moment.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV