j2 Global, Inc. (NASDAQGS:JCOM) today reported financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012 and announced that its Board of Directors has declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.22 per share.
j2 achieved several quarterly records, including the following:
- Revenues of $89.5 million
- Earnings Per Diluted Share of $0.67
- Non-GAAP Earnings Per Diluted Share (1) (2) of $0.70
- Free Cash Flow (3) of $45.6 million
- Churn (5) of 2.3%
j2 added approximately 33,000 net DIDs in the quarter.
SECOND QUARTER 2012 RESULTSRevenues increased 4.4% to a quarterly record $89.5 million compared to $85.7 million for Q2 2011. Earnings per diluted share increased 9.8% to a quarterly record $0.67 compared to $0.61 for Q2 2011. Non-GAAP earnings per diluted share (1) (2) increased 7.7% to a quarterly record $0.70 compared to $0.65 for Q2 2011. Free cash flow (3) increased 8.6% to a quarterly record $45.6 million compared to $42.0 million for Q2 2011. j2 ended the quarter with $206.8 million in cash and investments after deploying, during the quarter, approximately $9.9 million for j2’s regular quarterly dividend and approximately $19.8 million to repurchase 826,000 shares of j2 common stock. Key financial results for second quarter 2012 versus second quarter 2011 are set forth in the following table (in millions, except per share). Reconciliations of Non-GAAP earnings per diluted share and free cash flow to their nearest comparable GAAP financial measures are attached to this Press Release.
|Q2 2012||Q2 2011||% Change|
|Earnings per Diluted Share (4)||$||0.67||$||0.61||9.8||%|
|Non-GAAP Earnings per Diluted Share (1) (2)||$||0.70||$||0.65||7.7||%|
|Free Cash Flow (3)||$||45.6||$||42.0||8.6||%|
|(1)||For Q2 2012, Non-GAAP earnings per diluted share excludes share-based compensation and related payroll taxes, and gain on sale of an investment, in each case net of tax. For Q2 2011, Non-GAAP earnings per diluted share excludes share-based compensation and related payroll taxes and certain acquisition-related integration costs, in each case net of tax.|
|(2)||The estimated Non-GAAP effective tax rate was approximately 24.1% for Q2 2012 and approximately 25.7% for Q2 2011.|
|(3)||Free cash flow is defined as net cash provided by operating activities less purchases of property, plant and equipment, plus excess tax benefit (deficiency) from share-based compensation.|
|(4)||The estimated effective tax rate was approximately 23.6% for Q2 2012 and approximately 25.4% for Q2 2011.|
For a definition of churn, please refer to page 17 of our Q2 2012 Investor Presentation available at http://investor.j2global.com and filed with the SEC as Exhibit 99.2 to a Current Report on Form 8-K.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV