Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CCO) today reported financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012.
“We are pleased that the Company continued to make solid progress in spite of the economic headwinds – growing the business at both our International and Americas operations in the quarter,” said Bob Pittman, Executive Chairman of Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings, Inc. “We are investing aggressively in this business, especially on digital displays and other innovative infrastructure, to accelerate our growth in the future.”
“Our results in the quarter continued to benefit from our strategic digital investments, even with weaker demand in parts of Europe,” said Chief Executive Officer William Eccleshare. “At our Americas business, we deployed 49 additional digital billboards for a total of 963 installations. Internationally, street furniture was the primary driver of growth in China, Australia and the U.K., with billboards improving in Switzerland. At both our Americas and International operations, we will continue to work hard to drive profitability.”
Second Quarter 2012 ResultsThe Company reported revenues of $761 million in the second quarter of 2012, a decrease from the $789 million for the same period of 2011. Excluding the effects of movements in foreign exchange rates, 1 revenues grew $10 million, or 1%.
- Americas revenues rose $2 million, or 1%, compared to the same quarter of 2011, driven primarily by revenue growth from bulletins due to the continued deployment of digital displays and increased airport revenues on higher rates.
- International revenues increased $7 million, or 1%, compared to the second quarter of 2011, excluding the effects of movements in foreign exchange rates. Growth resulted mainly from higher street furniture revenues, particularly in China, Australia and the UK, as well as increased billboard revenues in Switzerland. On a reported basis, revenues declined $30 million, or 6%, due to unfavorable movements in foreign exchange rates.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV