- Consolidated sales totaled $13.0 million, up from $11.3 million in this year’s first quarter but down from $16.9 million in the second quarter of 2011, reflecting greater than anticipated weakness in the global electronics market.
- Operating income of $98,000 was up from $92,000 in the first quarter of 2012, but down from $1.8 million in last year’s second quarter.
- Net income came to $143,000 or $0.02 per diluted share in this year’s second quarter, compared to $92,000 or $0.01 per diluted share in the first quarter and $1.4 million or $0.20 per diluted share in the year-earlier period.
- Backlog at June 30, 2012 totaled $4.3 million, compared to $5.6 million at the end of this year’s first quarter.
- Cash and marketable securities increased $1.8 million to $32.3 million at June 30, 2012 from $30.5 million at December 31, 2011. Cash reserves at the end of this year’s second quarter also were up substantially from $23.9 million at June 30, 2011.
CyberOptics Reports Second Quarter Operating Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.