- Consolidated sales totaled $13.0 million, up from $11.3 million in this year’s first quarter but down from $16.9 million in the second quarter of 2011, reflecting greater than anticipated weakness in the global electronics market.
- Operating income of $98,000 was up from $92,000 in the first quarter of 2012, but down from $1.8 million in last year’s second quarter.
- Net income came to $143,000 or $0.02 per diluted share in this year’s second quarter, compared to $92,000 or $0.01 per diluted share in the first quarter and $1.4 million or $0.20 per diluted share in the year-earlier period.
- Backlog at June 30, 2012 totaled $4.3 million, compared to $5.6 million at the end of this year’s first quarter.
- Cash and marketable securities increased $1.8 million to $32.3 million at June 30, 2012 from $30.5 million at December 31, 2011. Cash reserves at the end of this year’s second quarter also were up substantially from $23.9 million at June 30, 2011.
CyberOptics Reports Second Quarter Operating Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.