Catamaran (CTRX) is a provider of pharmacy benefit management services and health care information technology solutions to the healthcare benefit management industry. This stock is trading up 3% at $87.60 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.4 millionAverage Volume: 1.1 million Volume % Change: 50% Shares CTRX are moving notably higher today after the company's second quarter earnings jumped 27%, as acquisitions and new customers helped their revenue grow. But the company lowered its 2012 earnings forecast. From a technical perspective, CTRX is bouncing higher here right off some near-term support at $85 with high volume. At last check, CTRX has hit an intraday high of $92 but it has since then pulled back to its current price of $87.60. Traders should now look to play the next major breakout for CTRX once this stock takes out its 50-day moving average of $92.02 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades as long as CTRX is trending above today's low of $84.93, and then once it clears $92.02 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above $92.02 with volume that's near or above 1,128,410 shares. If we get that action soon, then CTRX will have a great chance of re-testing and taking out its next major overhead resistance levels at $95 to $104.79.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV